1. What Personal Information we might collect about you
In this policy, Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual. For example, your name, email address or account login password is your Personal Information.
We collect Personal Information in order to handle your purchases, provide customer service, improve our products, provide in-person experiences or events and send you information about our products, trends and promotions. Personal Information we collect may include:
• Identifiers: such as your name, postal address, email address, social media handle and telephone number used to verify eligibility for discounts and other offers;
• Demographic information: such as your age or gender;
• Transaction information: such as information regarding purchases, returns or exchanges; product reviews you provide; clothing size/fit information; and communications between us;
• Payment information, including gift card information; and
• User generated content (UGC): such as photos, videos, blog posts, or social media posts.
If you choose not to provide certain Personal Information to us, you may not be able to complete a purchase, participate in an experience, or receive other services or information.
a. Information that we automatically collect from you
When you visit any of our websites or applications or access our in-store Wi-Fi, we may automatically collect:
• Identifiers: such as device ID, IP address, and online identifiers, such as cookie numbers;
• Internet activity information: such as device type; browser types and version; browsing history; search history; interactions with our websites, applications, communications, and advertisements; referring sites; network activities when using our Wi-Fi; and content and pages viewed;
• Location information: such as geo-location of your devices
• Audio visual information: such as call recordings
• Inferences: such as your preferences and interests based on your online activities.
b. Other information we collect:
We may collect information about you from activities related to other Speedo websites or third parties (where you have provided your consent to the third party) like web hosting providers, shipping providers, retail partners, analytics companies, social media platforms, data companies, and marketing and advertising services such as:
• Identifiers: such as updated contact information, social media handles, device identifiers, cookie numbers or similar online identifiers;
• Demographic information: such as your age or gender;
• Internet activity information: such as content or reviews you post on social media or other third-party platforms; and
• Inferences: such as information about your shopping preferences and interests.
The information that we obtain from social media platforms depends on your account and privacy settings within the platforms and the platform's privacy policies.
Some of the information above is collected on our websites through web browser cookies and other technologies (web beacons/gifs, pixels, page tags, script) that receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us or third parties that may direct you to our websites. We may use similar technologies to collect information when you use our applications. We use these tools for a variety of reasons, including to analyze and improve our websites and applications, or to remember your preferences and provide more personalized advertising.
c. Third party automated information collection and Interest-Based Advertising
2. How we use your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
• To process your transactions and provide you with the products and services you request;
• To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our websites, applications and services;
• To improve your experience on our websites and applications, and in our stores;
• For customer service, including to respond to your inquiries and requests;
• To communicate with you about our and third-party products and services, in accordance with applicable laws and with your consent where required;
• To analyze and learn about consumer trends and interests;
• To learn about the devices you use to access our websites, applications and other online services;
• To personalize the content you see on our websites and applications;
• To administer contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other promotions;
• To maintain your reward or loyalty program memberships;
• To provide you with communications, recommendations, ads, and other information of interest to you, including via interest-based advertising based on your online activities on our websites, applications and other online services;
• To maintain our community programs and focus groups;
• To use your UGC on our websites, social media accounts, and other marketing platforms (with your consent);
• To verify eligibility for discounts and other offers;
• To comply with our legal obligations.
3. How your Personal Information is shared
We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that work on our behalf, including by providing or fulfilling the products and services you request, authorizing and processing your payments, performing fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, marketing and promotional material distribution, website and application evaluation, data analysis, website improvements, and, where applicable, data cleansing, marketing, promotions and other services performed on our behalf or on behalf of our parent or affiliates.
In addition, we may share or transfer information about you to unrelated third parties:
• when you engage in activities that are sponsored by third parties (e.g., cobranded offerings);
• as required by law or a legal process, including investigating a potential crime
• when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business or other persons.
We disclose the following categories of Personal Information for our business purposes:
Identifiers: disclosed to service providers; payment processors; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; law enforcement, public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
Demographic information: disclosed to service providers; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
Transaction information: disclosed to service providers; payment processors; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
Payment information: disclosed to service providers; payment processors; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; and retail partners.
Internet activity information: disclosed to service providers; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
User generated content (UGC): disclosed to service providers; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
Location information: disclosed to service providers; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
Audio visual information: disclosed to service providers; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; and advisors and consultants.
Inferences: disclosed to service providers; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law, to law enforcement or public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties in exchange for money. We do share certain Personal Information with advertising and marketing partners in exchange for insights, digital advertising, and other valuable services. Such sharing may be considered a “sale” under certain laws. We disclose the following information in such circumstances:
• Internet activity information;
• Location information;
• Inferences; and
• Transaction information.
We may also share your Personal Information in the event of an actual or potential sale, merger, acquisition or transfer of our business or assets.
We may use or share information that does not reasonably identify you with any third party and for any purpose.
4. Retention of Personal Information
The Personal Information that you provide will be retained by us in accordance with applicable laws. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
What choices can you make about your data:
a. Canada’s Anti Spam Law (“CASL”)
We will only send you commercial electronic messages (“CEMs”) where we have your express or implied consent to do so. Your consent to receive CEMs is implied where we have an existing business relationship with you, or you have reached out to us and made an inquiry within a certain time frame. You may unsubscribe from receiving CEMs at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button on an email or following the direction provided in a text message.
b. Accessing and Correction
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Upon your written request, and subject to certain exceptions provided by law, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and give you access to that information. We may charge a minimal fee for providing such access to you. If you believe that the Personal Information that we hold about you is not accurate or complete please contact Customer Services. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate or complete, we will take reasonable steps to delete and/or correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. In order to facilitate a request to correct or update information, We may ask you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. Any such information will only be used for the purpose of confirming your identity and will not be retained by us.
d. Sale of Personal Information
We do not share your Personal Information directly with third parties for their own marketing purposes in exchange for monetary consideration. However, as mentioned in this policy, we do engage in Interest-Based Advertising, where we allow third parties to place cookies, pixels, and trackers on our site to provide you with personalized ads.
5. How do we protect your data
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect the information that we collect or receive, in addition to contractual safeguards. Our websites use an industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect your order information. Each payment transaction made through our websites and applications (or any successor or similar digital property) will be transmitted using SSL encryption. We review our security measures periodically. Despite these measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. If you believe that you were the victim of a scam related to our Site, contact Customer Services. Fraudulent charges need to be raised with your financial institution.
Children's Personal Information
Speedo Canada is concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet. Our websites and applications are not directed to children under the age of 13.
6. How do you contact Speedo Canada
7. Special Notice For Canadian Users
We may store or process your personal information on servers in jurisdictions outside of Canada, including in the United States of America. While your personal information is in a jurisdiction it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction, or otherwise, in accordance with the laws applicable in that jurisdiction.